- America's most popular aftermarket table saw splitter for preventing kickback (for 1/8" kerf saw blades)
- Installs directly to wood or plastic Zero Clearance Inserts (Throatplates)
- Mini-featherboard technology keeps the workpiece against the fence and prevents burning
- Automatic Kerf Keeper prevents reactive wood from binding on the saw blade
- Simple instructions and installation drill guide included
Pay over time for orders over $300 with Affirm.
Microjig MJ Splitter Steelpro (Thin Kerf) with MJ Splitter Steelpro Kit
The SteelPRO uses a stainless steel core coated with high density plastic for significantly improved durability and resilience. This new splitter system utilizes a patented "Automatic Kerf Keeper”. The Kerf Keeper is a separated tab installed behind one of the SteelPRO Splitter inserts that is automatically ejected from its station once the saw kerf begins to close. A closing saw kerf posses a great danger to the user because the board may bind the saw blade and kickback. The Automatic Kerf Keeper deploys when the board pinches the Kerf Keeper and pulls it out of its positionâ€”not only does this keep the kerf wedged open, it signals to the user the kerf is closing and the saw should be turned off.
The SteelPRO Splitter offers another unique approach to table saw safety: the “Double Splitter” technique. By placing two splitters back-to-back behind the saw blade, the SteelPRO System allows the user to offset one splitter towards the fence to control the keeper-piece and offset the other splitter away from the fence to control the off-cut piece. The Double Splitter technique greatly improves safety by reducing the occurrence of kickback from both sides of the saw blade. The MJ Splitter SteelPRO System is available for 1/8” kerf saw blades and thin kerf saw blades. The SteelPRO System can be easily installed into a Zero Clearance Throat plate on most table saws.
Please note: The Full Kerf version is for 1/8" thick blades and the Thin Kerf version is for less than 1/8" kerf blades. Both are to be used when making 90-degree cuts only.
- One drill guide
- One 3/16" drill bit
- Four MJ Splitter SteelPRO inserts
- Three Automatic Kerf Keepers
- Five #8 x 1/2" washer head wood screws
- Installation instruction sheet
- Warranty registration card
Prop 65 warning: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Learn More